Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Arkansas' Birthday is today.

File:Flag of Arkansas.svg

Arkansas was declared the 25th state of the United States on June 15, 1836.  A very important milestone helped Arkansas secure statehood and it was the result of the 1836 census.  The Arkansas territory surpassed the required minimum statehood population of forty thousand.  According to the census, more than fifty-two thousand people lived in the terrioty, which mean Arkansas met the requirements for being one the new states. 

I looked for an Arkansas Flag flying today in my town but could not find one.  Maybe next year I will remember to buy and fly one on our State's Birthday.  I am proud to live in a country and a state that I have the freedom to worship and to enjoy the great outdoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment