Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Steam Engine #844 Rolling into my town.

I was so excited when by casting our votes on Facebook we had won the opportunity for the Steam Engine to be routed to my town.  I told everyone and was so excited that the day had finally arrived.  As I listen to the morning news I found out that the train would be coming to my town a day early and would only stop for 30 mintues.  I left work and walked to the train station thinking I had about a 15 minute wait but as usual trains or late and so was #844.  No matter.  I found a tree to stand under to stay out of the blistering sun and also found some friends that I knew from church so the wait did not seem to long.  I got several shots of the train.  Because of the crowd I couldn't just get a picture of the train.  If I had been making a movie they would have been the extras.



The horn is so loud and the steam was barreling out of the stack.

Notice how small the man to the right is compared to the big Steam Engine.


Look at the size of those wheels.
No, I did not get to board the train nor did I get to go through the souvnier car, but I had a large time being just a part of all the action.  I think my co-workers thought I had lost my mind because I was so excited about it all.  No matter, I always have a good time when something special is happening.  I love life and want to be apart of all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment