Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Second Day

Well we had a great time yesterday but Tuesday did not start out to well.  I forgot that I needed to get up early and get ready before everyone got up.  I wanted to be in Russellville by 9:00.  That did not happen.  I was so glad it was cool on the first hike we went on.  By the time the week-end gets here, the kids will be going home and I will have just gotten into their routine.
Here are just a few pictures of the day.


I have not had a lot of time to be around Casey and I was so proud that he took care of his little brother.  Casey got Dylan down to sleep both nights.  Tonight was so sweet because Dylan had gone to sleep on the couch and Casey wanted to take him back to bed.   Dylan woke up when Casey put him down and Casey just went to bed with him so Dylan would go back to sleep.
 Papa got to stay seated when Presley woke up.  He was the lucky one and got to snuggle,  I had to be a short order cook,  Even I had to get Papa more coffee since he was to busy to help out.
Can you tell these girls are all dressed up and ready to go.  Notice the dogs that they are pulling.  The dogs got to go to on the hike today but not next time.  The dogs walked to slow.

Everyone got involved so we could go hiking.  Lots a clothes had to be folded.

 Reed wanted to show Dylan how to do it.  Dylan was a fast learner.

Casey and Blake got to do the towels since they were the big guys.

Here is our photographer.  I have been trying for weeks to take a self portait and MaKara just holds up the camera and shoots.  She is a great photographer.  I am really proud of her.  She has been helping out so much with everything.  She makes the  flavored water up a head of time so when we get ready to go the water is ready.  I don't think I could have made the week if she hadn't gone above and beyond to help me out.

Jaycee was really a big help with both Tylar and Presley.  Jaycee was helpful and was willing to do any thing I ask.  That made my day go better.
We had been warned that an Aligator was in the swamp so all of us wanted to get a good look at him.  Reed and Jaycee both thought they saw it.
No, Moms and Dads, we wern't as close as it looks.  Reed is trying to make the aligator come up the bank while the others are watching.

We even found a cave.  The kids just knew that Indians had lived there.  Who was I to say that it was the truth or tale.  The Trail of Tears is within a fourth of a mile from this cave.

MaKara has taken so many pictures that I don't want to wear you out reading.  We still have three more days before my little muchkins go home.    The silence will be deafening after they leave.  But we sure made a lot of memories in a short period of time.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful!! Congrats to Makara on her fantastic photo journal of your time together. I wondered how you'd have time to take pictures!! Looks like you're having an awesome time!! Keep the pictures coming!!

    ReplyDelete