Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day is a time we reflect on the special people in our life that we love. We should tell those special people every day but we get so busy with life that we do not stop and take the time and then it becomes to late.  I don't want to look back and wish I had said the words; "I love you", more.

It has been a day of mixed emotions.  I have a lot to be thankful for so I want to dwell on the positive.  I miss Dennis very much and days like today are hard to get through.  Dennis wasn't one to spend money on flowers.  I do remember that I usually got a corsage on Mother's Day. When Walmart had their flowers for sale at the DC he was always bringing a bouquet home at night and I would find them in a vase in the sink waiting for me to get up of a morning.  I would  trim them up and put them back in a vase to enjoy here at home.

Since Dennis and I had gotten back together, which had been 13 years it was the little things that meant a lot to me.  When I had arm surgery he would bring me my coke, pop the top each morning.  When I got the cast off and went back to work, he continued to bring me my coke and pop the top, even though I could do it by myself.

I mentioned the 13 years.  There are a lot of marriages that don't last 13 years but ours did the first time and and the second time; if God had not taken him we would have had many more years together.
MAKING MEMORIES

MaKara had a project to do for school so we spent Friday evening and most of the day Saturday putting together a scrapbook.  MaKara wrote a fiction story about real events during the Alaskian gold rush.  Christy was on her computer finding us documentation and I was getting everything into the scrapbook.  It was a lot of fun but I sure was tired when we got through.


After we got through with the album, MaKara took one more look at it before I left.  I had a great time and hope I get another chance to help with a project, but that really depends on what kind of grade we get.  She maybe looking for some one else next time.  Want matter because the memories have already been made.

I will post some birthday pictures next time.  Sorry I forgot to reduce the pixcels.  I will do better next time.  I need to blog more often and then I would remember how to do it.
Have a Happy Valentine's evening.




1 comment:

  1. You have some really wonderful memories of just how much Dennis cared for you!! I remember you telling me about the coke. Even though he did it every day, you never took that token of love for granted!! Looks like you and Makara had a great time. I'm glad she has her Nana to help her with some of her projects!! Maybe she'll start scrapbooking!!

    ReplyDelete