Saturday, January 25, 2014

Can you believe this is 5 P.M. as I left the bank.  When I saw the full moon.  I went to get my camera out of my purse.  This is the first time in a long time that a I wanted to take a picture.

 
 
You know you live in the country when you see a cattle guard at the edge of a field.  The gate maybe keeping more than cows in.  I looked up and saw an oil drilling ridge getting set up.
 
 
I took a detour into the woods and found an old dump site.  I saw a afghan, records, rusty toaster and an old shoe.  All of these items were used and cherished at one time.  Now they are laying open for the elements to  do their magic.


 
 
 
I moved the tennis shoe, look close, there is a seed growing inside the shoe.  Maybe I was looking for something positive in the negative and I spotted a little seed growing inside the shoe. What a struggle with so little soil. 

 
The weather was great and I enjoyed the afternoon of sun and getting back to what I enjoy.  I am not a winter person so I really enjoyed today.
 
I wish I had cropped these pictures but I forgot that part of the process until I had trouble finding the oil ridge and the afghan.  I will work on this next time.  
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like the day was beautiful. The sky behind the oil rig is gorgeous! Love how you found the seed in the shoe! Great eyes! Next time you're down, I'll help you make your photos a little larger, that will make them easier to see, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was beautiful here too. In the 60's. Hard to believe it was -3 on Tuesday and Wednesday. I am ready for Spring. I am glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete