Wednesday, January 29, 2014



I can only imagine a deer slipping to the edge of this stream to get a drink.  As the deer longeth for water my soul longeth after my God.


COUNT 1000 GIFTS

Today is the 29th of January and I am starting a little late but I hope to go back and pick up the days I missed.
TODAY   A song heard, a soft word, light seen.

A  song heard

Tonight at church our first hymn we sang was "As the Deer"   written by Martian Nystrom copyrighted 1984

As the deer panteth for the water, So my soul longeth after Thee, You alone are my heart's desire, And I long to worship Thee.

You're my friend and You are my brother, Even though You are a King.
I love you more than any other, so much more than anything.

I want you more than gold or silver, Only you can satisfy. You alone are the joy giver, And the apple of my eye.

Refrain
You alone are my strength, my shield; To You alone may my spirit yield.  You a lone are my heart's desire,  And I long to worship Thee.

A soft word,
I was setting in the sun for 15 minutes.  As I closed my eyes I heard a distant sound, it was soft words from a Bird.  It had a very calming effect on me because I was setting in down town Russellville., Noise cars, Trains going through all the time and a plant was in full swing but I still heard the small voice of one of God's creations.

Light Seen
I think of the "Light that Jesus shows on us"  His perfect light will look at my imperfect self and judge me for what I have not done. Even things I felt like was service to him I am afraid they were for the wrong reason.  At 63 years of age I don't have a lot I can do but what God guides me to do I will do it. I don't want to go empty handed.
The water is running so swift that a deer will look for calmer water to drink out of. Maybe we need to get of the train and walk a little bit.  We can see more of God's handiwork when we are looking for a gift from God.   A rock shaped like a heart.  A tiny seed trying to grow from a dirty tennis shoe.
 
Pastor Doug has asked us to claim a scripture that we can post every where as a daily reminder. I our daily walk with Him.
 
I will be posting right back at you.
 
I will be posting more about my life.  I am not asking to walk in my shoes but just realize these shoes have been in a lot of places.



1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written with such gorgeous water pictures! I read a scripture this morning and I'm posting it to remind me to record God's gifts. "From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another." John 1:16 NIV. I'm going to add it on my blog somewhere.

    ReplyDelete